Infrastructure Manager / Network Manager
My client has a vision to become the leading design-led brand in the hospitality and leisure industry and is well on the way to achieving this goal. To complement the existing team, they are seeking an exceptional and passionate manager to join their IT and infrastructure team at their London based office
The successful candidate will thoroughly enjoy working as part of a team and communicating enthusiasm and passion and will have a genuine desire to be part of something big.
- Proactive, technical and customer focused
- Creative, innovative and digitally smart
- An exceptional team player
- A great communicator and motivator
- A self-starter
- Highly organised, creative and analytical
- Inspirational and inventive with your approach to training and development
- Inquisitive, logical and objective in researching system usage and methodology
- Technically savvy with a proven background to spot system opportunities
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Resilient, determined, driven and inspired to achieve challenging targets
- Implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases designing communication networks and server infrastructure within the IT platform
- Ensuring the integrity of the high availability infrastructure, to maximize performance for locations and users alike, inclusive of server, network, security, VOIP and compliance.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge around network and server management and have detailed experience in infrastructure design, implementation and set up
- Ability to understand local LAN and WAN configurations linked to VLANs and IP management in wireless and connected networks
- The successful candidate needs to be the technical go-to person
- Ability to establish strong collaborative working relationships
- Develop and implement systems and operation standards within the cloud based systems.
- Develop project plans for all system changes and manage the projects from start through to conclusion
- Project management tasks i.e. define and manage the deliverables, resources requirements and work plan for new implementations and existing system developments and updates.
- Provide weekly updates to the IT Director.
- Manage internal and external support issues within the agreed SLAs.
- Keep up to date with all relevant systems, software and where relevant also operational procedures
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects, escalating and proactively managing issues
- Proactively review and improve processes and procedures.
- Assist the technical support team with application support and act as the go-to team member for all infrastructure
- Design, implement and manage a diverse VMWare architecture across multiple sites
- Maximizing network utilization by monitoring performance and troubleshooting network problems
- Securing the network infrastructure
- Configuration and maintenance of hosted VOIP services and routing & switching equipment.
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres.
- Working as a back up to the internal 1st and 2nd Line technicians for desktop related issues
- Oversee the setup, testing and launch of all new sites
Required technical skills:
- Windows Server 2016 and previous versions
- Sql Server 2014 and previous versions
- Cloud based environments (Azure, Citrix share file, one drive for business)
- Windows Desktop 7 and 10
- Team viewer
- VMWare and Veeam
- Dell and HP server infrastructure
- Networking infrastructure (including Extreme Networking appliances, Cisco, HP and Zyxel)
- Wireless infrastructure (including Ruckus appliances and wireless access points)
- General Router understanding (Cisco, Draytek, Juniper)
- VoIP Phone systems (including Shoretel)
To be successful in this challenging but hugely rewarding position, you will be an experienced, capable and technically proficient Infrastructure Manager / Networks Manager with a strong experience of network technologies including routing protocols, VLANs, ACL, VPNs, VOIP and a desire to join an exciting company on its journey to success.
To hear more please contact Keith Wilkins or send us your CV for review. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.