IT SUPPORT CONSULTANT / IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
My Cambridge based client is looking for an experienced IT Support Consultant / IT Support Engineer with a strong technical background to join its growing technical support team providing outsourced MSP IT services to an expanding client base.
Do the following sound like you?
- thrives on creating simple solutions to complex issues
- enjoys providing excellent support for an individual whilst also thinking of the impact on the company as a whole
- enjoys working closely with lots of different people?
- able to provide onsite, face to face technical support
- Loves advising clients how to keep their infrastructure aligned to business needs
Based in the Cambridge office the IT support consultant will spend a number of days each week working on client sites and will also have the opportunity to work on large scale projects and business change initiatives. In essence, the role is to work as a client’s in-house IT support team; backed by a wealth of knowledge and experience from colleagues and managers alike. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join an established team providing the very best account management, project management and technical support for our clients.
- A natural problem solver with a strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable with researching a solution using your own initiative.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients.
- Able to propose ideas and solutions with confidence at all levels of the business including board level.
- Solid experience using Windows Server OS; AD; DNS and AD policies.
- Able to deploy and maintain Networking and Firewall solutions.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery techniques.
- Experience performing IT audits.
- Experience supporting and deploying VMWare.
- Expertise across Windows desktop operating systems (knowledge of Mac and Linux devices and operating systems is also desirable).
- Degree qualification preferred
Do you want to work for an employer who encourages autonomy and self-development and will provide you with a supportive and friendly environment within which to work? You will also be encouraged to gain new technical skills and be rewarded each time you gain a new qualification. The overall environment is expert, professional and supportive and you will be given excellent opportunities to work with new and exciting technologies as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits scheme.
To hear more please contact Keith Wilkins or send us your CV for review. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.