Technical Support Analyst
My client has a vision to become the leading design-led brand in the hospitality and leisure industry and is well on the way to achieving this goal. To complement the existing team, they are seeking a talented and committed Technical Support Analyst to join the central London team
The successful candidate will thoroughly enjoy working as part of a team and communicating enthusiasm and passion and will have a genuine desire to be part of something big.
• Looking for something new and exciting;
• Intrigued by new and innovative business models;
• Able to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language;
• Proven yourself to analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Brilliant at prioritizing in a pressurized environment;
• Really focused on customer service;
• Looking for a team-oriented, collaborative and inspiring environment;
• Seeking personal growth and development;
• Keen to be rewarded for high performance;
• Seeking to express yourself and your ideas?
If this sounds good, you’ll want to know the key points:
• Actively triaging and logging requests at all levels
• Resolving or escalating end user help requests within established SLAs.
• Problem resolution involving the use of diagnostic and remote support tools,
• Desk-side support
• Build relationships with the service vendors to ensure that service levels are optimised
• Escalate problems when required
• Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and server level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow ups with vendors as required.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
• Support the opening and refurbishment of new properties in Europe
• Both project and BAU work
Skills and experience required:
• Experience in working in multi-disciplined IT role.
• Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including laptops, desktops, servers, network switches and POS Systems
• Experience installing, configuring and supporting desktop and server operating systems, including
• MS Windows 10/7/XP
• MS Windows sever 2003/2008/2012
• Extensive application support experience.
• Exchange and Office
• Managing/Migrating Office 365
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
• Breadth of knowledge around network and Wi-Fi infrastructure
• Working knowledge of MS SQL server administration (basic statements desirable)
• Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills with an ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail
• Fluency in another European language such as Spanish, French or German desirable but not essential.
To hear more please contact Keith Wilkins or send us your CV for review. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.